[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Leaky radiator
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Leaky radiator
- From: email@example.com (Zafer Mehmood )
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 10:34:14 +0500
- Original-From: mhcnet!zm (Zafer Mehmood )
- Original-To: swiss.ans.net!quattro
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
> > While checking the reason for the flashing low-coolant light (again), I
> > discovered that the seam around the top tank of my radiator is leaking
> > considerably. My question to the net is this: Can this be repaired?
> It should certainly be repairable. Using some sort of soldering
> technique or something. Now if it had plastic tanks, it woudl be
> considerably more difficult and more expensive.
Sorry for a non-Audi question but...
My Mercedes 560SEL has a radiator with plastic tanks with a slow
leak at the joints. The MB service manual shows the procedure for repairing
such leaks but it seems involved. I am thinking of doing it myself. Anyone
have experience fixing plastic radiator tank leaks? Any advice/pointers?