[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: Special bit for inner CV joint ..

On Thu, 16 Mar 1995, Arun Rao wrote:

> 	At least one person on the list knows this: I know the
> 	bolts on the inner CV joint don't take a Torx bit, but I've
> 	forgotten what the bit is called.  I'll probably take
> 	the half-shaft off this weekend to try and determine the
> 	cause of the elusive shake that I've been experiencing, and
> 	I was wondering if anyone knows or remembers the old posting ...

That would be the infamous "triple-square" bit.  It is also sometimes 
just called a "12 point" bit.  They are metric, and I think that they 
were an 8mm on my 4000S non-q.