[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Wow!--was Re: Audi toolkit!
Actually Steve, I think that is pretty normal too keep some tools with you
in the trunk. It didn't seem to extreme to me. Of course, my trunk is usuall
y empty (I guess I'll learn the hard way) except for a little jug of Pentosin,
a flashlight, and a big ass thing of duct tape! These fit easily into the side
pocket flaps in the trunk. I am pretty much dependant on the little Audi roll
-up pouch for tools.
But, a friend of mine, who has a 5000CSTQ has the following tools in his tr
unk.....I thought this was a little extreme, but he's prepaired for the worst!
* A full metric Craftsman tool set (like the one you have) with socket w
renches, several types os screwdrivers, etc.
* a full set of hex wrenches.
* 1 full sized jack.
* 3-4 extra hose clamps.
* spare radiator hose.
* nice tire gauge.
* volt/amp meter.
* a full (small) container of Pentosin.
* an extra quart of motor oil.
* 4 bungee cords.
* 2 big rolls of duct tape.
* a big roll of electrical tape.
* just about every gauge spare wire you can think of.
* connectors (for wiring).
* a full set (5) of used, but good spark plugs.
* a canister of valve/fuel injector cleaner.
* a can of WD-40.
* the Bently manuals (both).
* the Haynes manual.
* tube of anti-cease lubricant.
* spare timming belt/ gaskets.
* the Audi factory roll-up toolkit.
* a canister of tire-seal (flat fix).
* a California car duster.
* a full sized spare tire (H-rated) on a fact rim.
* and, a police issue night stick.
This is true....he really has all this in his trunk and more....I'm sure. A
nd, actually I forgot to mention all those speacial tools he has, like the crim
pers, 2 pairs of needlenose pliars, other wrenches, etc, and he has a flashligh
t that you wear around your head, so you can see while your working.
I thought this was a little rediculous, since I don't see the point to a lot
of that stuff, like the spark plugs....I don't think they will just go out on
me in the middle of a trip (and he just replaced his last month). But, then ag
ain, there's a law that applies here: You will never have a problem with the p
arts that you keep spares for in your trunk, so as long as they're in there, yo
u won't have to worry about it.