[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: About Gruppe B and Sport Q's
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: About Gruppe B and Sport Q's
- From: Dave Eaton <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:50:21 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199706172004.QAA25567@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:50:21 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:50:23 +0012
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 11B692F21500
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;7821501118061997/A22271/CSAV10]
i don't think that there is anyone on this list who can forget their first
sighting of a group b rally car on a rally special stage. the sounds
(particularly the sport quattro) live with you forever...
the sport quattro s1 only won 1 event, san remo in 1985. it won by about 5
minutes if memory serves me correctly...
the 'a' series quattros (lwb) won the wc in 1982-84 (various manufactures and
when audi pulled out of group 'b' they had a mid engined 'prototype' being
trialed (a la the pug t16 evo 2 and the delta s4).
interestingly the group 'a' cars, while less spectacular than the old group 'b'
ones, have been faster over a special stage (than the group b cars) for many
years. i guess it's the old drivers adage, spectacular = slow.
>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 12:39:14 -0700
>From: "Arun Rao" <rao@duocento>
> I hadn't seen such footage since well before I was an Audi
> enthusiast, so I was quite fascinated by the Sport Q. The
> video was very sketchy about technical details, so I'd be
> interested in learning more. Anyone care to post details about
> these outrageous cars? Interestingly, it wasn't clear
> from the video if Audi ever *won* any of the events -- how
> did they do?
> -Arun "four-wheel-drifting on I-80" Rao
>Pixar Animation Studios
>Pt. Richmond, CA 94804