Re: K&N Filtercharger for 5kTQ?

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Daniel Hussey wrote:

>  the air filter also.  I know you can get a K&N air filter for the car, but I t
> hink this would be a lot better (i.e. breathe better and get more hp!).  Any co
> mments or info on this?  I've never seen or heard of this done to an I5, so I t
> end to think it can't be done (easily anyways).  TIA.

	In order to put a clamp-on style K&N air filter on the I-5, you
would have to fabricate a small plenum that goes from the large
rectangular inlet of the CIS airflow meter to a 2.5"-3" round pipe.  This
is not impossible of course, but it is not trivial either.

Graydon D. Stuckey
'86 Audi 5000 CS Turbo Quattro, GDS Racing Stage II
'85 Mazda RX7 GS 12A-leaning-towards-a-13B-soon