[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
re: Audi Cell Phone Problems?
- To: "Paul C. Waterloo" <74543.407@CompuServe.COM>, "INTERNET:quattro@coimbra" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: re: Audi Cell Phone Problems?
- From: Eric Harman <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 14:41:27 -0700
- Cc: "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'firstname.lastname@example.org'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"" <ALEXNECKAS@aol.com>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'email@example.com" <GREGSJ@MINIMALL.IMM.COM>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'firstname.lastname@example.org" <MALLICK@ORION.CRD.GE.COM>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'email@example.com." <MARKA@NSMDSERV.CND.HP.COM>, "(unknown)" <75363.2524@CompuServe.COM>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Mike Miller (Volt Comp)" <A-MIKEMI@Exchange.MICROSOFT.com>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'Eric Harman'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"" <ERICHA@elmer.wrq.com>, Peter Henriksen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Arun Rao <RAO@pixar.com>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'Linus D. Toy'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"" <LINUST@interramp.com>, "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"'Stephen Williams'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"" <MANNLAW@INDY.NET>
- Sender: email@example.com
Paul, sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I actually have 2 copies of
the manual, having lost one for a long enough time to get sick of it and order
a replacement. Unfortunately, I am at work and the Quattro is in for it's 60K
service. The spare phone manual is at home. No way I can FAX you
anything soon, not to mention that it would take a bunch of pages to get it
A couple things do come to mind, though. Firstly, there is nothing in the
manual about the symptom you describe. The only thing that sounds a
little familiar is that if you have the car off and you turn the phone on it
will come up "locked" and you have to enter your short code to unlock it.
It sounds like your phone is thinking that you are repeatedly pressing the
ON button. It sounds like the On button is stuck down or that there is a
short. You want me to snail-mail you my extra copy of the phone manual?
'91 200 Quattro, '90 Mazda 626 Touring Sedan GT
>My 91 200 Q didn't come with any documentation on the cell phone. I don't know
>what special functions it has, if any (sounds like it has some voice
>Does anyone have the documentaiton on the phone, and can they fax it to me or
>get it copied and send it to me?
>While I'm waiting, do you know what I need to do to fix the following?
>I just got the phone activated this weekend, and today after I turned the
>ignition off, the phone kept turning on (with the key removed) and then
>displaying "Locked" and then turning off. About 20-30 seconds it would do it
>again...and again.... and again....you get the picture. The only way I could
>turn it off was to unplug the phone cord for the head unit in the console.
>What do I need to do to have it stop doing this?
>91 200 Q
>87 5KSQ (for sale)