Re: Hydraulic Pump Seals

 John Ball <jball@rme1.reissmedia.com> writes:

 JB> Has anyone had any luck re-sealing the
 JB> pump at the big phillips screw? I have
 JB> seepage and the shop I use says there
 JB> has been little luck doing re-seals and
 JB> Audi is no longer selling seal kits.

     I recently did the pump on the '84 5KS, and
     I'm happy to say I have dry pump/engine side
     for the first time since I bought the car.
     I had no problem getting the kit, the part
     number is even listed in the Bentley. The
     Audi Dealer even had these listed on his
     montly specials flyer at the time.

     I did get a trickle out of the hex screw
     plugs, which I couldn't remove, so I filled
     the holes with windshield cement (on the
     advise of a dealer tech) and it's sealed
     tight now.

     Several others on this list have also reported
     excellent results with these kits.

     '84 5KS
     '90 V8Q

... My guns have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's cars.

 * Blue Wave/QWK v2.20 [NR] *