Re: Sad but true, TQC < TQ

<< i see that ford in it's update to the escort cossie to turn it from '96
 a to '97 'world rally car' (ie to the new fia rally regulations) has
 the rear suspension of carlos sainz's new car to be....
 mcpherson struts with lower wishbones.
 go figure.
Easily figgrd
Would that be an AWD model or the fwd...  I can figgr it either way...  The
prollum with a split axle or a lateral control arm (ala 5ktq/200tq) is that
it doesn't "land" as well when airborn, the beam tends to bend towards the
rear, creating a serious toe problem (I always referred it as "stubbing" ones
"toe")...  The lower wishbones are a much sturdier design, tho not immune
from the same problem (btdt on my wishbone 81 ProRally scirocco)....
 Structurally a better idea, design, not necessarily....  I would also
venture to say (guessing) that the lower wishbones are prolly more like the
5ktq/200tq rear than a 4kq rear....  And a better design....  Don't forget
the 5ktq/200tq is a "wishbone" too, just correctly designed, not correctly
adapted ala 4kq/80