[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Q-listers, and especially those running PC's with Windows '95,
I've been toying with the startup/shutdown screens associated with Windows
'95 for a little bit and I've just come across "Audi Animated Startup Screens".
If you follow the link provided, yes, you too can download these screens.
They're not the best quality I've seen, however, they're a lot better than the
standard Microsoft screens. I find that these startup/shutdown screens go
nicely with my Audi Internet Throbber.
Instructions: How to change your Startup/Shutdown screens.
1) Initiate "Explorer" (explorer.exe)
2) in the "C:" folder, rename the "logo.sys" file to some save name (ex:
3) in the "C:/Windows" folder, rename the "logos.sys" and "logow.sys" files
to save name (hint, it helps if you use the same convention as the first
4) move the downloaded "logo.sys" from your temp "unzip" folder to the "C:"
5) move the downloaded "logos.sys" and "logow.sys" files from your temp to
your "C:/Windows" folder.
6) Shut'er down and start'er up
In case you're wondering, "logo.sys" is the startup screen, "logow.sys", is
the "Waiting for Windows to shut down" screen, and "logos.sys", is the "It's ok
to turn off your PC now" screen.
email@example.com '92 Audi 100CS 5spd 23K mi
Newton-Wellesley Hospital '89 Suzuki Katana 600 14K mi
Newton, MA 02162 (USA) http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5528
begin 600 Windows95.com Vehicle Screens.url