[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Diff problem solved... and then some...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Diff problem solved... and then some...
- From: Jim Griffin <JGriff@pobox.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:02:35 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, ddaily@SMTPGW.MITSUICOMTEK.COM, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, DaveS@kgw.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, JGriff@pobox.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, dcummins@RohmHaas.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Well, to continue the saga (and apologies to those who find this boring...), I found out today that the axle assembly wouldn't QUITE fit into the right rear hub/bearing... it was "off" by an inch or so. The tech said that if he did it, I'd be back in about a month, to do it all over again.
So why was this the case? Well, as it turns out, the "boys" at NTB, when they took the subframe/control arm off to press in the new bearing and hub (which they didn't need to do... IF they had the right tool... which I told them to go get at the dealership 2 miles down the road!! But, of course, they wouldn't listen to me...), they must have bent it ever so slightly... enough to make a difference.
I called the manager of the NTB location, and he said that he would pay for the whole thing. Phew!! That's a relief... especially since if the tech couldn't find a used subframe/control arm (which he did.. for $175), the new one at the dealer would be pushing close to $1000!! NTB should consider themselves lucky that he was able to find a used one. Syncros are rare indeed...
So.... that's the latest "poop". If all goes well (my fingers are crossed!!), I should have it back within the next couple of days.
And to think... all this just because one guy wouldn't take the time to thread a bolt by hand first!!
P.S. The NTB manager told me that he FINALLY fired that guy!!
"Perception is often stronger than reality!"
'92 Audi 100S
'87 VW Quantum Syncro Wagon