Re: Exhaust manifold studs / removing the head

BRUCE wrote:
> Igor hits the stud on the head, re:  Removal.
> What will require removal of the head is when an Audi mechanic [term used loosely] attempts to drill the studs out, breaks off the bit, attempts to drill that out
> [with a yet larger bit], breaks that off, attempts then to drill that out with a drill now approximating the size of a bit used to sink an oil well, and THEN calls you.  btdt.  Dumb fu%k.

BTDT for sure, a Carlsen idiot did that to my 84. They pulled the head
and sent it to a machine shop for repair. Charged me an additional $550
for stud repair! They would not accept any responsibilty!

84 5KT
87 5KCST
Be careful of the toes you step on today, they may
be connected to the butt you kiss tomorrow.....