RE: 4000csq belt squeeking at start

I just wanted to ask a this question when this thread emerged: have
other I-5 owners noticed that they need to tighten the alternator belt
annoyingly often? I have to tighten the belt approx. every 1000 miles if
not less. I don't have to say it's a BIG PITA given the adjusting
mechanism is probably the most stupid design I've ever seen (After
stripping the teeth on two $7 adjusting nuts and the thread on the
alternator (substituted with a longer bolt and a nut)  I'm using good
old jack handle as a lever now). Just for comparision, this weekend I
had to tighten the PS belt for the first time in 10k miles and the AC
belt is still fine after about 15k miles.

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)