[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

RE: Bentley's and Microfiche (was: Fault codes)

If your car already has flat doorhandles (lucky you :-) ), you should
buy the Bentley for 89-91 100/200 cars. It covers MC-1, MC-2 and 3B
(20V) engines. I've noticed that the differences between US and Euro
spec cars are marginal - every time I go to the dealer to order a part
for my US spec car I say that it's for the 200 and they have no problem
finding it on the microfiche. Only if your car doesn't have catalytic
converter there will be some differences in wiring and vacuum hose

Aleksander Mierzwa
Warsaw, Poland
87 Audi 5000CS turbo (mine)
88 Renault Medallion wagon (mom's)
91 mountain bike (just in case both cars broke at the same time :-)

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Flemming Christensen [SMTP:fl.christensen@get2net.dk]
> Sent:	Tuesday, January 06, 1998 2:31 AM
> To:	four.ring@MCIONE.com; tnas@euronet.nl
> Cc:	quattro@coimbra.ans.net
> Subject:	Bentley's and Microfiche (was: Fault codes)
> In spite of that I am still considering bying a Bentley, because it's
> readily available.
> But I'm wondering if Bentley's '84-'88 5000 manual will best cover my
> '88 100t euro (VIN # JN252720), featuring the MC-1 turbo
> engine(157bhp),
> an 016 APR manual gearbox with electronic speedosender,
> bolt_instead_off_nut outer CV's, new dashboard, new doorhandles, etc.?
> Would it also cover the MC-2 engine, that appered 10-88 according to
> UK
> Haynes?
> Or would I want the Bentley '89-'91 spec 100/200 manual?
> Anyone who knows a source for a copy off the Microfiche for my car? 
> Regards and TIA,
> Flemming Christensen