[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

brake lines

In message <199801110732_MC2-2EE6-4193@compuserve.com> Joseph Yakubik writes:

> Here's my question:  Do the brake repair specialist shops have some sort > of
> crimping tool that replaces the "nipple" on the copper line?  Logic
> suggests yes.  I think I would have to cut the last 3 mm off of the coppe> r
> line, replace the connector, then have it re-crimped(or re-formed,
> whatever).

I don't know what the US name is, but I call it a flaring tool.  Buy a good one 
- the cheap ones are rubbish.  

 Phil Payne
 Committee Member, UK Audi [ur-]quattro Owners Club