RE: bypass valve presure openings

I would not propose eliminating the WG. I just want faster spool-up
after TFC (Totally F'n Closed as opposed to WFO :) and no more
blown-off hoses, so the pop-off valve would get far less of a work-out
Vs with no WG.

If you eliminate the wastegate and dump boost "overboard"(in essence,
reducing any resistance acting on the compressor), wouldn't the turbo
overspeed and puke its guts???  Just a thought...  WRT to the atmosphere
dump-valve, they can make an oily mess as well as cooking 02 sensor/cats.

Brendan Rudack
Fenton, Michigan USA
MC motor, lotsa parts, and some wheels...