Re: Deer + A4 = W/O

Andrew Duane USG/PE <duane@zk3.dec.com> wrote:

>I was just reading my A4 brochure, and it indeicates that the
>airbag system seems to be tied to the seatbelts. This seems
>kinda dumb, but.....

There are multiple ways of tying the airbag system to the seat belts- most
cars here have a device that tightens the belts before/as the 'bags go off.

Agreed, switching the 'bags off when the belt's not in use is dumb, but
I've never heard of that. I _have_ heard of sensors detecting no use of the
seat, and therefore switching the 'bag off. Also, some baby seats have this
device for turning off the passenger airbag.

 1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 215,000km

     Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
                                  -- Groucho Marx, 1890-1977