[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: World's Funniest Driving Machine?
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: World's Funniest Driving Machine?
- From: Dave Eaton <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:54:46 +1300
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199803091319.IAA23900@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:54:46 +1300
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV05; Relayed; Tue, 10 Mar 1998 15:54:46 +1300
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 11C353F62E00
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;3546541510031998/A23202/CSAV05]
yes, this occured in auckland, new zealand. it was a bmw-run driving course
and the instructor screwed up big time (in the dry as well). happened last
year, and made it to the national news.
not sure if the instructor is still in gainful enployment.
>Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 09:39:16 GMT
>From: email@example.com (Phil Payne)
>Subject: World's Funniest Driving Machine?
>In message <933713F1FB7BD111AC2300A0C98F1AD103104A@MILXPR06> "Buchholz,
>> I happened to catch a bit of a show called something like the World's
>> Funniest Videos which included a clip of some fairly cocky guy driving
>> some german automobile under some sort of demo (perhaps for the press).
>> At first I thought they were going to show the video of the MBz
>> Sport-Ute rolling, but then I saw the "propeller" on the steering wheel.
>> They then show the outside camera shot so that you can tell it is a BMW
>> "Touring" model which was in a slalom ... the car starts getting out
>> from under him, until the end when he actually rolls the car! The car
>> ended up rather unconveniently upside down with its nose touching the
>> ground right in front of the camera. Apparently the driver wasn't even
>> wearing a safety belt (probably counting on the airbags :).
>I think the driver in this incident was one of BMW's executive chauffeurs.
>Mucho embarrassment at the time.