[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

re: Well, Rob was right;also, request from Linda@Carlsen

>Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:50:18 GMT
>From: quk@isham-research.demon.co.uk (Phil Payne)
>Subject: Well, Rob was right;also, request from Linda@Carlsen
>In message <v04003a0ab17d2a4aab5a@[]> Brett Dikeman writes:
>> Oh, and I called "Linda" and Carlsen today to aquire a good WGFV.  She was
>> very helpful, but "I'm cranky 'cause you don't have a part number!"
>> Jovial, good humored, and went out of her way to see how low she could go
>> from the $70-80 for the valve, which is named an Electro-Change-Over-Valve;
>> she started on a flurry of calls without my even saying a word, on another
>> phone while I listened...everyone was off to lunch though.
>> Here's Linda's request:
>> "Now MEMORIZE that damn name!" :)
>> Linda: "Why do they call it that?  It's a wastegate frequency valve!  Arg!"
>Actually, it isn't.  If you look on the underbonnet sticker, the
>original German is "Elektro-Umschaltventil" or something very similar.
>A frequency valve only has one input.
>- --
> Phil Payne

A similar situation exists wrt the name of what we naively call a turbo
"bypass valve" on the 3B engine. Never mind that it's called by that exact
name dozens of times in the Bentley manual. Yet on the sticker it's
labelled as "throttle body overrun cutout valve". Just ask Linda ;-)

Much less agony if I could have told her, " One 034145710C, thank you."


Phil Rose		Rochester, NY
'89 100
'91 200q		pjrose@servtech.com