Re: 88 80 q Suspension Noise

In a message dated 1/7/99 11:37:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, quk@isham-
research.demon.co.uk writes:

 Only if they use a torque wrench to retighten the lug nuts.  If they
 use an air wrench, they can _easily_ do 20x that charge in damage. >>

--I made sure that they used a torque wrench and stood there while he did it.

--The noise that I am getting is more a felling than a noise. It feels like I
blew the strut. There is no dampening effect on the bumps. It's definitly not
the heat shield or exhaust. something in the suspension. If I hit bumps around
a corner, I can feel the car losing grip. It feels out of control almost.  I
tried rocking the wheel back and forth like a test for a wheel bearing, but no

-- Any other suggestions ?