[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Source for lifters/valves?
- To: email@example.com (Audi Mailing List)
- Subject: Source for lifters/valves?
- From: Dan Simoes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 09:35:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
Carlsen is a given, but where else?
I'm tired of people asking 'what's that noise?' about our 1990
90. This past weekend someone asked if it was a diesel!
The engine only has 80k miles and I'm very disappointed that it
might already need these parts. I use Quaker State 10w30 in winter,
spring and fall, and Castrol GTX 20w50 in the summer. It does seem
to burn or lose a bit of oil, maybe a quart or two every 3000 miles
(oil change interval).
I know some ticking is normal at startup, but this happens even
when it's hot at times. It also can be intermittent ....tic tic
TICK TICK TICK....tic tic....
>From hearing other Audis drive by it is very common. So, what should
I try fixing?
| Dan |
Dan Simoes email@example.com
Associate Programmer (914) 789-5378
Advanced Network & Services Elmsford, NY