[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: don't try this at home??
- To: Thomas Tornblum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: don't try this at home??
- From: Robert Phillips <R3RFP@VM1.CC.UAKRON.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 95 10:35:59 EST
- In-Reply-To: Message of Mon, 9 Jan 1995 15:04:23 +0100 from<Thomas.Tornblom@nexus.comm.se>
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
<Audi wheels and bolts and patterns....
...about 2 years ago....in a land no so different from ours...
I thought I would share a little story. I have an 87 4000S, 1.8L. I
went to a junkyard to track down a spare set of wheels for Auto-X. I went
home with a set of 14" factory wheels from a 4000csq. I was all ready to
mount them, and they wouldn't fit. If you didn't know, you would think
that they look identical, but:
4000q takes a 4-bolt, 14mm, (don't know pattern)
4000S, 4-cyl, takes 4-bolt 12mm, 4X100mm std. VW pattern
Keep in mind that this is when I was younger, and stupider(more stupid?),
and that I have grown up since then. Hey, my 3 previous cars were Fords, so
what the H*** would I know about AWDEES??
Despite electrical probs, etc., it is true:
Once you try one, you'll never go back!!