[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Clacking Noise.....
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Non Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
- Subject: Re: Clacking Noise.....
- From: email@example.com
- Date: 18 Apr 1995 09:40:44 -0400
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Importance: normal
- P1-Content-Type: P2
- P1-Message-Id: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLAN;X400ATT Apr 18 09:40:44 1995
- P1-Recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 444009180495
- X400-Trace: US*ATTMAIL*SMCLANarrival 18 Apr 1995 09:40:44 -0400action Relayed
I replaced the oil filters on the '84 4000Q and the '87 5000CSQTW last
weekend with _OEM Import_ brand oil filters, while performing the ritual
spring oil changes. I'd always used Fram in the past. I had hoped to
reduce/eliminate the lifter noise on startup, as these "OEM Import"
filters claimed to incorporate a drain-back valve. Well, *NO* difference!
Very disappointing. I don't know if the filters' just have bad drain-back
valves or if it's all just BS, and these 5-cylinder engine are just going
to have noisy lifters on start-up no matter what.....