[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: S6 toolkit clip

Did you guys find the U-shaped wire tool in the little tool kit with the 
lug wrench? I have one of those for my 92' 100 base model. The 92' 100 
base model has plastic hubcabs over the stamp steel wheel, the U-shaped 
hook is for pulling the plastic hubcaps off. I don't know if any one of 
you who seen the hubcaps on base 92' 100 V6 model, There are alot of 
little square shaped holes around the perimeter of the hubcaps. You put 
the hook ends of the U-shaped ends to two of these square holes and you 
pull on it then hubcab come off. It's very hard to get them off with a 
screwdrives since the hubcaps are made of flexible plastic not the usual 
hard abs stuff which tend to crack very easily.

Funnily the other day I was sitting at the alignment shop waiting for my 
car, a guy in an Audi 100 identical to mine pull up and ask me how I get 
those hubcaps off since he had a hack of a time getting them off the 
wheel with a screwdriver.  

Anthony Chan
85' 5000s forsale
92' 100 V6

On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Edward T Spire wrote:

> >From sk0ph@cadvision.com Tue Jan  9 21:26:55 1996
> >
> >Little orange plastic guy? My S4 had one and I was told it was for
> >removing the plug wires. Never tried it though.
> No, that's in the fuse compartment on the side of the dash.
> This is simply a piece of wire bent into roughly a U shape, with the
> ends bent at 90 degrees.  Another reader said it was for pulling fuses,
> maybe it's for the larger metal box style fuses you find under the
> hood...
> Thanks.
> =========== When you believe in things you don't understand, ===========
> =========================== then you suffer ============================
> Ed Spire                                    Voice: 708-696-4800 ext 69
> The Workstation Group                       Fax:   708-696-2277
> 6300 River Road, Suite 501                  Email: ets@wrkgrp.com
> Rosemont, Illinois, USA                     Web:   http://www.wrkgrp.com