Re: Audi crash: split into 3 sections?

 Tamara writes:

> split in 3 pieces huh? seems to be pretty unlikely if you own any model
> made before 88 like my car for example weighs 3350 or more lbs like its
> really going to split in three pieces.  It takes a lot to put even the
> tiniest dent in it...

Well, unfortunately for one of the occupants, it DID split in 3.
The fragment I saw on TV looked like an 80 or 90.
According to police reports ( how reliable?) the car was doing
around 75mph when it hit the pizza shop.
Probably multiple "impacts" as it ploughed through the structure.

Chris Palmer (1995.5 S6 Avant)              "Ashes to ashes,
Data General Corporation                     dust to dust,
chris_palmer@dg.com                          If Lillee don't get yer,
                                             Thommo must!"