Re: Re: Rotor Heaven, the addiction behind the question.

"Janet Scruggs" <scruggs@mbay.net> wrote:

>(Does anyone else save the old stuff that comes off your car? Please say

Errr... yes. My tiny basement is filled with all kinds of worn, part-worn
or semi-useable car parts, mostly Opel Kadett, VW Golf and Jetta and Audi.

Last year, when I couldn't find my racing bike in there, I promised to
throw some of this junk out. So- out went a couple of bent bumpers and some
crumpled, rusty panelwork, three dead batteries, MG B leaf springs and
brake discs, a complete Jetta interior, a couple of old Jetta headlights...

You should've seen the guy at the local depot when I came in to drop off
all this junk.

But recently, when a friend of mine came around and told me he was trying
to fix his ex-wife's old Kadett, which had broken all its door locks, I was
able to supply him with a full working set within a minute.

Tom (trying to figure out what all those old switches, fuses, bulbs and
relays are for...)

 1988 Audi 80 1.8S, mostly Tizianrot metallic, 215,000km

     Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
                                  -- Groucho Marx, 1890-1977