[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Quattro List)
- Subject: 20Valve questions
- From: Andrew Duane USG/PE <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 09:32:31 -0500 (EDT)
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
I'm getting used to Angela's new 20Valve 90Q, and have a few
questions compared to my 100Q.
1) The oil tends to run about 10-20 degrees warmer than my 10valve.
I assume this is normal given the twin cam valvetrain. The oil
pressure is also about .5 bar lower at idle (1.7 vs. 2.2). This could
just be different oil weight.
2) The water tends to run cooler, especially in traffic. The last
3 miles to work are lights every block. My 100 heats up tremendously,
and often kicks the fan in. The 90 barely warms at all. I actually
think this may be a fault in my 100 - I've noticed it running hotter
And, for extra credit, this is the biggy: I want a 20Valve engine!
What are the odds that the engine is a (reasonably) drop-in
replacement, or preferably that the 20V head is graftable?
I love my 100, but it's slooooowwwwwww. 20 extra horsies would
help a lot, and that 20V engine is sweet.
Help! I can't afford an S4, or even a 200 now!
Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7) firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Equipment Corporation (603)-881-1294
110 Spit Brook Road
Nashua, NH 03062-2698
Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's still the fastest in the house.