[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Boost problems, redux.
- To: "quattro list"firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Boost problems, redux.
- From: "Dan Bocek" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 13:18:58 PDT
- Organization: Digital Instruments, Santa Barbara, CA
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
> I installed the OEM spring from my TQC in
> the wife's '87 TQ wagon yesterday. The computer won't allow over 1.5 BAR
> boost. I re-installed the original spring and modified the WG for external
> adjustability and set it to 1.4 BAR boost. Working well now..... It was
> running 1.1 -1.2 BAR stock, kindah low. WHATTAH DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMANCE!
I'm confused. When you say 1.1 - 1.2 BAR, that's including atmospheric
pressure, right? If that's true, then that means you're only getting
1.5 - 3 PSI of stock boost. This seems WAY too low. If, on the other hand,
you meant 1.1 - 1.2 BAR above 1 atmosphere, this translates to 16.2 - 17.6
PSI. This seems WAY too high for a stock boost level. What gives?