[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: bumper cover help needed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: bumper cover help needed
- From: Dan Simoes <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 14:17:07 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: <m0qfZ19-000201C@pwcs.stpaul.gov> from "Philip J Ethier" at Aug 30, 94 02:38:49 pm
- Reply-To: quattro
- Sender: quattro-owner
> ___ |
> | ||
> ^ bumper cover
> ^ bumper-cover half mount
> way to attach it. Pop-rivets are not going to hold in the plastic.
If it's like on my Jetta, the piece above (half mount) is attached to
the bumper cover by two plastic rivets. I pried off the old mount
and put a new one in its place (available at VW dealer). Since the
plastic rivets were now loose, I inserted 4 screws and washers into the
'hole' in the center of the plastic rivet. I was impressed at how
well it came out!
I can't tell from your description but the Quantum sounds the same.
The parts guy said that the hardest part would be figuring out how
to secure the mount...
| Dan |
Dan Simoes firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Programmer (914) 789-5378
Advanced Network & Services Elmsford, NY